Update 2020: novel news
My latest novel, The Old Girls’ Network, will be out on June 19th. It is the story of sisters Barbara and Pauline, who seemingly have nothing in common. They live in a Somerset village and when outsider Bisto Mulligan enters their lives, things change drastically.
Five French Hens was published in December 2019 by Boldwood Books.
My second novel, The Age of Misadventure, was published by HarperCollins, Avon in February, 2019.
My debut novel, A Grand Old Time, was published by HarperCollins, Avon, May 2018. It is available in Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Canada, Italy, Czechia, Slovakia and Japan.
More from me on:
Publications, prizes, and commendations:
- Student Wordsmith: You is for University. Freshers. Graduates. Short story published 2015.
- Purple Breakfast Review: Letter to Mr Ike. Short story published . Awarded Special Commendation. 2015.
- The Growing Unease: On Beauty, whatever that means. Journalism award 2016.
- The Feminist Wire: Cinderella. Short story published 2016.
- The Western Morning News: Going Home. Short story published 2016.
- Gap-Toothed Madness: The Visitor. Short story published 2016.
- The Crediton Prize National Competition shortlist: The Hotchiwitchi Cake. Short story: 2nd prize. 2016.
- The Western Morning News: Mr Kochenko’s Cow. Short story published. 2016.
- The Western Morning News. Bella and the Beast. Short story published 2016.
- The Purple Breakfast Review. Resonance. Short story. 2016.
- The Western Morning News. The Vow. Short story. 2016.
- Mischief Corner Books. The Pilgrimage. Short story. 2017.
- Novel: The Age of Misadventure. Feb 19th, 2019. HarperCollins Avon, UK.
- Radio Dartington Arts. Summer 2019. Short stories read by Julie Mullen of Word Cafe, Totnes. See blog posts for links.
Huge thanks to Kiran Kataria, Sarah Ritherdon, Sophie-Louise Hyde, Solitary Writers, the Totnes writers, Julie Mullen, Liam Hill, Caitlan Hill, Big G.